Volume 1 – Issue 9

Brook of Life News

Improving the Quality of Your Life…
By Transforming Stress into Flow!

Editor: Prem Chopra
Volume I, Issue 9, June 4, 2002
E-Mail: info@brookoflife.com

Copyright @ 2002 by Brook of Life, Inc.
Your name is on this list because you or a friend requested it.
Instructions to subscribe or unsubscribe are below.

Special Issue:
7 Secrets for Happiness!

We all seek health, prosperity and most of all — happiness.

Please forward Brook of Life News to your friends!

“This is a story of happiness…expressed through life as a journey in the brook.
It is a happy and inspiring journey. Welcome to a life of happiness in the brook!”

Thus begins the preface to the new book, “7 Secrets for Happiness” — due soon from
Hanrow Press.
Now, you can read the first chapter of this new book by clicking on:
http://www.brookoflife.com/Happiness.htm

Did you know that hundreds of thousands of women and men participate in laugh-ins at laughter
clubs, started in Bombay, India? The sole purpose: Improve Health and Happiness!
Yes they are related. A good laugh eases tension caused by stress, relaxes and creates
flow in — body, mind and spirit!

Now, some stories to help YOU laugh.

Humor and Humility go further than Anger and Arrogance.

Recently, during an economics class I noticed a student dozing in her chair.

“Would you please wake her up?” I asked the young man seated besides the snoring woman
and then turned to write on the board.

A few minutes later, nothing had changed except that some students were snickering.

“I thought I asked you to wake her up.” I said to the young man.

He held a smug expression, as many in the room began to laugh. The sleeping beauty
remained lost in dreams.

“Did you try to wake her up?” I persisted with mounting annoyance.

“No” he replied, as the room became silent.

“Why not?” I asked, puzzled and more annoyed.

“You do it!. You’re the one who put her to sleep. You wake her up.” The room exploded
in laughter–and, I joined in, as the woman awoke.

Moral: Don’t take anything too seriously–most of all yourself.

It
Doesn’t Pay to Cover Your Donkey!

This story was contributed by a Brook of Life reader.

One day a farmer’s donkey fell into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer
tried to figure out what to do with her. Finally he decided the animal was old and the well needed
to be covered up anyway. It just wasn’t worth saving the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help. They all grabbed shovels and began to shovel
dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to
everyone’s amazement, she quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer looked down the well and was astonished at what he saw.
With every shovel of dirt that hit her back, the donkey was doing something amazing. She would
shake the dirt off and take a step up. As the farmer and his neighbors continued to shovel dirt on
top of the animal, she would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed
as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off!

Now, some morals:

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. It could bury you. The trick to getting out of the
well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping-stone. We can get out
of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up!

Remember these five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from fear, anger and hatred
2. Free your mind from worries
3. Live simply and be humble
4. Act with purpose–give more
5. Expect less and be happy with your lot

P.S. The donkey returned later and kicked the heck out of the farmer who had tried to bury her.

More Morals: Failures are the pillars of success.
How can you learn to walk
and climb without falling?
Remember the little engine that could.

Final Moral: When you try to cover your ass, it always comes back to get you.

Please send stories you wish to share.
Your name will be used only if you request it.

Thank you for joining us on this Most Important Journey!

You may distribute Brook of Life News freely to friends, groups and other sites provided that you use
the entire issue, including this notice. If you are not a Brook of Life subscriber, you can receive
your free subscription by sending an e-mail to info@brookoflife.comwith the word “subscribe” or
visit http://www.brookoflife.com/. Unsubscribe by sending a message to info@brookoflife.com.

Brook of Life
— Improving the Quality of Your Life…By Transforming Stress into Flow!
Consider… THE PURPOSE AND MEANING OF YOUR LIFE.

Thank you for joining us on this Most Important Journey!

You may distribute Brook of Life News freely to friends, groups and other sites provided that you use
the entire issue, including this notice. If you are not a Brook of Life subscriber, you can receive
your free subscription by sending an e-mail to info@brookoflife.comwith the word “subscribe” or
visit http://www.brookoflife.com/. Unsubscribe by sending a message to info@brookoflife.com.

Brook of Life
— Improving the Quality of Your Life…By Transforming Stress into Flow!
Consider… THE PURPOSE AND MEANING OF YOUR LIFE.

Send mail to info@brookoflife.com with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2001 Brook of Life, Inc.