Volume 1 – Issue 12

Brook of Life News

Improving the Quality of Your Life.
By Transforming Stress into Flow!

Editor: Prem Chopra
E-Mail: info@brookoflife.com
Volume 1, Issue 12, July 30, 2002
Copyright @ 2002 by Brook of Life, Inc.
Instructions to subscribe or unsubscribe are below.

Balancing Vacation Stress with Flow

In this Issue:
Navigation Log: Do Vacations Relax or Stress You?
Currents: How Can I Improve My Life?
Ripples: Are You Getting Enough?
Your Views: From Our Readers

Navigation Log: Do Vacations Relax or Stress You?

I have always hesitated to admit to others that the best part of vacationing is returning home.
Then, the stress sets in. Current and overdue bills, messages to be returned or filed, not to
speak of caring for overgrown or under-watered plants and servicing cars and gadgets. And,
unpacking! Don’t forget the pictures that have to be developed–in our case, more that 1,000
digital pictures I promised to edit and share with fellow-travelers. Not to forget a note of thanks
to Andrea Holbrook for the beautiful flowers and marvelous travel arrangements. All this and
more–from just two weeks of relaxation andflow in The Galapagos. Some call this stress.

Add to this interim relaxation, which lasted just ten days before the next trip, the hurried effort
to compose Issue 11 of Brook of Life News, entertainment of house guests between buying
groceries and re-packing–and a dinner speaking engagement. Then, discovering that the digital
camera is “dead,” settling for a dozen disposable cameras to capture memories from ten days
with the “children” and family on California beaches and a birthday party, followed by a week
shared between Denver and the Never Summer and Rocky Mountain ranges. Wonderful new
friends made while soaking in hot sulphur springs, who also are reading this. A visit to the
Tattered Cover Bookstore.

Now, six days after returning, including four days with four more house guests, who left
yesterday, I am at the keyboard with this issue of the Newsletter. I had hoped to write and send
this on the day after returning from the Rockies. Should that stress me? No, for I recall the
advice of my friend Virgil, “If you set a deadline for the Newsletter, you will create stress.” That
is why there is no schedule other than the desire to communicate twice a month. So, a longer
period of flow and relaxation does not pose the threat of stress–at least with respect to Brook of
Life News.

Janet and I loved it all. With few expectations, we had few problems. There were no deadlines
during these seven weeks, except for paying credit card bills–our recurring obligations are paid
by direct bank transfers.

So, what’s so relaxing about all this? Memories that produce Resonance!

Stay tuned for the Brook of Life Experience in Costa Rica being planned with Holbrook Travel.
You are all invited! http://www.brookoflife.com/International%20Retreats.htm

Currents: How Can I Improve My Life?

“Can you tell me, in a simple way, what actions I can take today to improve my life?” A young reader
asked, with sincerity.

“I can list ten actions to change your life. Only you can improve your life by the choices you make.”

To read the Ten Actions, sent in the May 26, issue of Brook of Life, click here:
“10 Actions to Change Your Life”

Ripples: Are You Getting Enough?

This, from a reader last week. We know that water is important but have you seen it explained
like this before?

75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. Even mild dehydration slows metabolism by as
much as much as 3%.

One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters, according
to a U-Washington study.

Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Preliminary research indicates that 8 to 10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back
and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and
difficulty focusing on the computer screen.

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the
risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Do you know how many calories you burn by just raising the temperature of each glass of water you
consume at about 50 degrees Fahrenheight to body temperature?

Did you know that you can drink (water) and lose weight?

Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
Although I have not verified any of these statements, I dramatically increased my intake of water the
day after reading this. Unfortunately, I have had to deal with a dramatic increase in output as well–to
avoid stress from the increased flow. Did someone say “flow reduces stress?” Break time!

Does anything come without a price?

Your Views: From Our Readers

Father and son from the hill country were strolling in a large city mall while the wife shopped. They
were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny silver walls that moved
apart and then slid back together again.

“Paw, what’s ‘at?” The boy asked.

“Son, I dunno. Ain’t seen nothin like ‘at in my antire life, I ain’t got no clue.”
While the two watched with amazement, a fat old lady in a wheel chair rolled up to the moving walls
and pressed a button. The walls opened and the lady rolled between them into a small room. Then
the walls closed and they watched the small numbers above the walls light up in sequence. As they
stared, the numbers lit up from left to right and then in reverse. The walls opened once more and a
gorgeous, voluptuous young blonde woman stepped out.

His eyes glued on the woman, the father whispered urgently to his son, “Boy, go git yo Momma..”
Do you have a story to share? Please send it to info@brookoflife.com .

Thank you for joining us on this Most Important Journey!

Please forward this Newsletter to your friends.

You may distribute Brook of Life News freely to friends, groups and other sites provided that you use
the entire issue, including this notice. For your FREE subscription, send an e-mail with the word
“subscribe” to info@brookoflife.com. You may unsubscribe at any time by sending a message to
the same address with the word “unsubscribe.”

Brook of Life
— Improving the Quality of Your Life…By Transforming Stress into Flow!
Consider… THE PURPOSE AND MEANING OF YOUR LIFE.

www.brookoflife.com mail to: info@brookoflife.com

Send mail to info@brookoflife.com with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2001 Brook of Life, Inc.